Frequently Asked questionS


Does The Farm provide Catering?

No, we do not provide catering, however we are happy to provide a preferred vendor list to assist you in your planning.

Can we provide our own Food?

If you are interested in booking The Barn venue, we require that you use a licensed and insured caterer. We are happy to provide you with a list of reputable vendors.

Does The Farm permit Alcohol?

The Farm is an ABC license holder and is permitted to serve and sell Beer & Wine. Please ask us about selections and options during your site visit with us.  

We are a smaller group of only 40-60 people. Can we still rent The Barn? 

Of course you can! We do not require a minimum number of guests to reserve The Barn. Our venue package pricing is not based on occupancy.

How do I reserve my Date?

To reserve your date, we require a signed contract and 50% of the total package. Please note that we also charge an additional $500 refundable damage deposit at this time.

What types of Payment does The Farm accept?

The Farm accepts cash, check, and credit cards. Please note that a service, processing fee will be applied when using a credit card.

Should we hire a Ceremony Coordinator or a Day of Event Director?

The Farm is happy to provide you with a coordinator, and or a director for all parts of your event. It is not a requirement that you hire and utilize our staff, but we strongly suggest that you take advantage of the folks that have a track record of running seamless events at The Farm venue. Should you choose to hire a coordinator or director outside of our venue, we require that they at a minimum, attend your final walk-through, and rehearsal (if applicable) and that they provide us with detailed timelines and floor plans no less than two weeks before your event.

We just want to have our Ceremony at The Farm. How much would this Cost? 

Depending on your guest count, there is a ceremony set-up and breakdown fee that ranges between $500-$1,200, and includes the use of up to (200) Mahogany folding chairs, your choice of wedding arbor/alter, and (4) bourbon barrels to house flowers or lighting. Use of the bridal suite, and Barn restroom facilities.

Do you have an Officiant On-Site?
We actually have two ordained and Virginia licensed officiants on staff. Please let us know if you would like more information about them or would like to schedule a meeting.

What about Linens?

Farm packages include a black or white linen package. However, there are countless choices of colors, patterns and styles from which to select. We are happy to help coordinate your linens, but the cost associated with renting specialty linens (napkins, table runners, chair covers) is not included in the venue rental price. Our wedding coordinators will be happy to assist you, or provide you with a list of vendors that supply linen.

Is Gratuity Additional?

The Farm does not charge a gratuity, service fee or any other percentage outside of your Alcohol/Bar contract. Any additional tips or gratuities given to staff, are appreciated but not expected.

What about D.J.’s, Florists, Bands, Photographers, etc?

While our package options include services with some of the best wedding vendors that southwest Virginia has to offer, we understand that some folks want to choose their own vendors. Feel free to work with your own vendors, or work directly with our favorites. We are happy to provide you with a highly reputable list, and will assist you if necessary. 

Can we use The Farm for Photography before the Wedding?

Depending upon other events, you are welcome to have photographs taken at The Farm prior to your wedding at no additional cost. Please be sure to schedule in advance.

Where can we have our Ceremony on the grounds?

Typically larger ceremonies are held in the Hop Yard behind the The Barn, which faces in the direction of our beautiful wildflowers and mountain views. But, we do have an outdoor stage, river frontage and two intimate settings, one located in the Bluebell Forrest (when they are in bloom) and one located closer to The Barn at the orchard. Some brides have also taken to closing the Barn doors, and holding their ceremony directly behind the barn.  

We want an outdoor Ceremony, but what if it rains?

Depending upon the number of guests and the severity of the weather, we have a few options... We a white, 20x40 pole tent that can be rented at an additional cost, or you can use the The Barn. In some cases we can provide ceremony seating indoors utilizing about ½ of The Barn, but for larger groups, we highly recommend booking the tent on a retainer, as this will ensure your protection.    

When can I have my Rehearsal?

Your venue rental allows you access to our facility from 9am-6pm the day prior to your event. We highly suggest that you hire or appoint a Ceremony Coordinator, and recommend that your officiant attend your rehearsal. The “Rehearsal Dinner Experience,” may be booked and scheduled at the Atlas Pavilion if you would like to keep your group on-site. 

I’d like to use the Bridal Suite. Is this an additional charge?

No. There is no fee for the use of our on-site Bridal/Groomsmen Suite. This space is conveniently located on the third floor of The Barn. We do offer an additional Bridal Suite offering at Oakdale Manor, an historic home located 5 minutes from The Farm.

How much is Parking?

Parking is free and is provided as a courtesy. Vendors will be directed to their proper parking locations by attendants as they arrive. Vehicles may not be left overnight, unless you have an approved prearranged Designated Driver program in place. Valet or shuttle services may be hired, please inquire if you wish to learn more about this type of service.

We expect to invite several Children to our event. Is this okay?

Of course! Children are always a treat, and we have several amenities perfect for children. Keep in mind, however, that the natural beauty at The Farm does include some natural hazards. Anyone (children of any age) observed to be acting in a hazardous manner will be asked to leave the premises.

The second floor of The Barn, river, riverbank, stone walls, split rail fencing, Hop Yard, and wooded areas are absolutely dangerous places for children. At no times should children be allowed to be unsupervised anywhere on the premises. Guests who are bringing children to your event should be notified in advance that they will need to provide vigilant supervision. We encourage couples to utilize the outdoor space available here at The Farm, and suggest that you provide your younger guests with our White Wedding Bouncy House, or games such as corn-hole, croquet, boccie ball, etc.

What is The Farm Smoking Policy?

Smoking, including vaping is strictly prohibited inside The Barn, and inside the open-air Atlas Pavilion. Designated smoking areas may be found outside of both of these facilities. Any damages or fines from smoking out of the designated areas are the client’s responsibility and may result in the loss of Client’s refundable damage deposit.

Can our Dog attend our Event?

We are a pet friendly facility, and do allow pets to take part and attend ceremonies. However, you are responsible for making arrangements for your pet following the ceremony. Pets are not permitted in The Barn.

How About Fireworks, Sparkler Send-Offs, Chinese Sky Lanterns, Etc?

We love fireworks here on The Farm, and because of that, we have incorporated the option for a fabulous firework display in our wedding packages. All fireworks, however, MUST be provided and ignited by a licensed and insured professional, and a fireworks permit must be obtained from Alleghany County, Virginia. Chinese sky lanterns and similar are NOT permitted.